UNICEF Rights Respecting
The Rights Respecting Schools Award puts children’s rights at the heart of schools in the UK.
Unicef works with schools in the UK to create safe and inspiring places to learn, where children are respected, their talents are nurtured and they are able to thrive.
Our Rights Respecting Schools Award at St Peter's will embed these values in our daily school life and give children the best chance to lead happy, healthy lives and to be responsible, active citizens.
Using the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC) we are on a journey to become fully Rights Respecting.
The Award will recognise our achievement in putting the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child into practice within the school and beyond.
How are we doing?
Autumn Term 2019
- We have a 'Rights Respecting' team in school, led by Mrs Harrison. The team is our School Council and they are busy planning how to introduce the rights to the school and community.
- We are displaying the rights around school so that children become familiar with them.
- Children are completing activities in class based on rights, wants and needs and introducing the rights.
- We will hopefully be a BRONZE RIGHTS AWARE SCHOOL very soon. Watch this space...
Spring term 2020
- Mrs Harrison has been working with the Rights respecting team.
- The Rights respecting action plan was sent to our designated link advisor.
- The great news is that we are now RIGHTS COMMITTED!
- We received the BRONZE AWARD. See attached certificate. We are very proud of this achievement and are on the way to achieving silver...
School closures: As school is closed, there will be an 'article of the week' for children to look at and complete activites about. Have a look on the home learning page!