St Peter's scheme of work includes features such as individual learning journals, mastery, opportunities for pupils to present their learning to others, open ended challenges and a self assessment opportunity.
The scheme, from Knowsley City Learning Centre, ranges from Reception through to Year 6. Through their learning journey from EYFS to the end of Key Stage 2 pupils should be profficient in the following. We believe there are non-negotiable digital skills that children must possess by the time they leave St Peter's.
• ‘All children must have a basic understanding of coding and how the web works.’
• ‘All children must able to evaluate online information and be social media savvy.’
• ‘All children must understand online safety rules and know how to report and block.’
• ‘All children must be proï¬cient with word processing and able to use cloud storage.’
• ‘All children must be able to create visually engaging content/presentations in order to present learning to others.’
• ‘All children must have experience of online collaboration and using communication tools.’
• ‘All children must be taught the concept of personal archiving and possess their own digital portfolio of work.’
For E-Safety we use eAWARE. A bespoke esafety tool that assesses pupils current knowledge and then provides a scheme of work with resouces to help increase their awareness.